A True Winner
Both the Soup and dessert were delicious at Soup Social today - but the true winner was the salad. Quinoa and red lentil salad with Swiss chard, feta cheese, mint, and Pistachios.
I must admit I went out of my comfort zone to make it as Quinoa and Lentils are not my go to staples to cook.
I reckon it's one for the cookbook.
- Equal parts cooked Quinoa and Red Lentils
- Sauté thinly sliced Swiss chard and red onion in a little olive oil until wilted.
- Pop the above in a nice large serving bowl and add a good handful each of Sheeps Feta cheese, pistachios, and mint.
- In a small jam jar add equal parts lemon juice and olive oil - 1/4 each.
- Turn the salad over with the dressing and bingo! Despite the salty Feta cheese it will still need a good pinch of good quality sea salt - and a grinding of pepper to bring all the flavours together.
- Room temp is best.