Into the wilderness....
Leaving early bird tomorrow morning for my drive up to Sullivan County. Two nights in a Yurt middle of the Willowemoc Forest. Already hit the farmers market and made some refreshingly *Mummy only* purchases - ones that my littles would reject hands down ( tongue out).
Almost packed, and ready to embrace some solitude. A bit daunting, but sometimes l need a good jolt to reset the cogs, and appreciate all the things l take for granted at home..... if you know what l mean. The fluffies to keep me company of course.
Wish me luck...and see you on the other side
Packing list is as follows:
- Warm clothes - at least 10 degrees cooler up there
- Hiking boots/good socks
- Good Book/Mags (no cel)
- Playing cards for a spot of patience or solitaire
- Camera (of course)
- Bug Spray, Benedryl (spray and oral) for both me and the dogs if we get stung
- My Epi pen!
- Medical Kit
Fodder - Which is all Gluten/Dairy free:
- I made Brownies, Pesto, and a good spicy caesar dressing (great flavor for the veggies and salad)
- Plenty of precuts veggies for the grill or with Hummus ( Cauliflower, Haricots Verts, Baby Zucchini, baby carrots)
- Miso paste to make soup - just add hot water
- Baby Potatoes pre-boiled ready to dress
- Snack Bars for hiking
- Bag of Apples
- Granola/Almond milk for breakfast
- Pea Chips, Lentil chips (bit of crunchy)
- Coffee/ Big Bottle water/Ginger Ale
- Two generous bars of dark chocolate
Trying to keep cooler stuff to a minimum:
- Steak, Swordfish, and Smoked Trout - all good with veggies, Salad, and potatoes
- Halloumi cheese for grilling
- Couple bottles cold pressed juice
- Soy Yogurts
- Block of Manchego cheese - great with fruit and nuts
- Pre-boiled eggs (again good with salad or potatoes, or for hiking)